The little ones are a big part of our happiness and deserve a future full of smiles. Our main goal is to provide them with expert guidance from the first years of life, diagnosing, avoiding and correcting problems early on, ensuring that they reach adulthood with an aesthetically and functionally healthy mouth.
At the same time, we have been focusing on clarifying all the fears associated with dental consultation. It has been deeply gratifying to realize that we have been able to provide most children with moments of well-being and relaxation during their dental appointments. We take great pride in the work we do when, at the end of the consultation, our little ones ask when they will return to the dentist.
CERO KIDS SERVICES
- Regular appointments of preventive dentistry, which include evaluation, oral hygiene and topical application of fluoride
- Crack sealants
- Aesthetic restorations (caused by trauma or enamel defects)
- Pulpotomies (on deciduous teeth and permanent teeth)
- Pediatric metal crowns on posterior teeth
- Pediatric zirconia crowns on anterior teeth
- Space maintainer
- Orthopedic treatments and interceptive/preventive orthodontics: expanders, myobrace, face mask
CONSCIOUS SEDATION IN CHILDREN!
Conscious sedation is a light form of sedation, where the patient, in this case the child, remains awake, vigilant, but in a state of calm, cooperation and security, which allows responding to stimuli and verbal orders.
N2O2 (nitrogen oxide protoxide) is a colorless gas with a mildly sweet smell and taste. It is neither flammable, nor irritating or toxic.
It is a procedure carried out by professionals with specific training, in a controlled environment, and with very high safety.
To be effective, the patient must breathe nasally through a nasal mask.
We use a gas mixture of nitrous oxide with oxygen. We start with 100% oxygen and increase the oxide by 5% up to a maximum of 70% nitrogen oxide and 30% oxygen.
A practical example:
– The air we breathe in an unpolluted environment has an average of 21% oxygen in the gas mixture. In conscious sedation with nitrogen oxide, in the scenario with less oxygen in the gas mixture, we have 30% oxygen.
CANNOT BE USED IN:
- Pregnant women in the first quarter;
- Subcutaneous pulmonary emphysema;
- Blunt force trauma to the brain;
- Children under 2 years of age.
Conscious sedation is a technique that reduces fear, anxiety and even the gag reflex.
The recovery is total, very quiet and takes about 10 to 15 minutes when it is done with pure oxygen.
A previous induction and habituation consultation is made, where the child will get to know and experience the nasal mask, to increase confidence and empathy with the CERO Kids Team.